All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHassan Massoudy's elegant calligraphy depicts the four seasons of the garden. From the icy palettes of winter and the fading hues of autumn to delicate spring growth and the dazzling sunshine and blooms of summer, he captures in calligraphy what countless poets have wrought with words. Massoudy draws his seasonal inspirations from writers and artists, including Kahlil Gibran, Henri Matisse, Lao Tzu, William Blake and Victor Hugo, as well as from Hungarian, Spanish, Turkish and Japanese proverbs.
- Author BiographyHassan Massoudy was born in Najaf, Iraq. He moved to France in 1969, where he studied at L'Ecole des Beaux-Arts. His work has been exhibited throughout Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, and is in the permanent collections of the British Museum and the Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts, among others. Nineteen books of his calligraphy have been published in France, along with his autobiography, 'Si Loin de l'Euphrate: Une jeunesse d'artiste en Irak'.
- Author(s)Hassan Massoudy
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content Note56 colour and 14 b/w
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.