About this product
- DescriptionTravel writing has always been intimately linked with the construction of American identity. Occupying the space between fact and fiction, it exposes cultural fault lines and reveals the changing desires and anxieties of both the traveller and the reading public. These specially-commissioned essays trace the journeys taken by writers from the pre-revolutionary period right up to the present. They examine a wide range of responses to the problems posed by landscapes found both at home and abroad, from the Mississippi and the Southwest to Europe and the Holy Land. Throughout, the contributors focus on the role played by travel writing in the definition and formulation of national identity, and consider the experiences of mirity writers as well as canical authors. This Companion forms an invaluable guide for students approaching this new, important and exciting subject for the first time.
- Author BiographyAlfred Bendixen is Professor of English at Texas A & M University. Judith Hamera is Professor and Head of the Department of Performance Studies at Texas A & M University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlfred Bendixen,Judith A. Hamera
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.45Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.