All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Companion to Asian American Literature offers an engaging survey of Asian American literature from the nineteenth century to the present day. Since the 1980s, Asian American literary studies has developed into a substantial and vibrant field within English and American Studies. This Companion explores the variety of historical periods, literary genres and cultural movements affecting the development of Asian American literature. Written by a host of leading scholars in the field, this book provides insight into the representative movements, regional settings, archival resources and critical reception that define Asian American literature. Covering subjects from immigrant narratives and internment literature to contemporary race studies and the problem of translation, this Companion provides insight into the myriad traditions that have shaped the Asian American literary landscape.
- Author BiographyCrystal Parikh is Associate Professor of English at New York University. She specializes in twentieth-century and contemporary American literature and culture, with a focus on comparative race and ethnic studies. She is the author of An Ethics of Betrayal: The Politics of Otherness in Emergent US Literature and Culture, which won the Modern Language Association Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary Studies. Daniel Y. Kim is Associate Professor of English at Brown University, where he teaches classes in Asian American literature, American literature and ethnic studies. He is the author of Writing Manhood in Black and Yellow: Ralph Ellison, Frank Chin, and the Literary Politics of Identity.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byCrystal Parikh,Daniel Y. Kim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.