All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume discusses rmative theological categories from a black perspective and argues that there is major Christian doctrine on which black theology has t commented. Part One explores introductory questions such as: what have been the historical and social factors fostering a black theology, and what are some of the internal factors key to its growth? Part Two examines major doctrines which have been important for black theology in terms of clarifying key intellectual foci common to the study of religion. The final part discusses black theology as a world-wide development constituted by interdisciplinary approaches. The volume has an important role in bringing Christian thought into confrontation with one of the central challenges of modernity, namely the problem of race and racism. This Companion puts theological themes in conversation with issues of ethnicity, gender, social analysis, politics and class and is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Author BiographyDwight N. Hopkins is Professor of Theology at the University of Chicago Divinity School. He has published several books, which include Being Human: Race, Culture, and Religion (2005), Heart and Head: Black Theology Past, Present, and Future (2002) and Global Voices for Gender Justice (2001, co-editor with Ramathate Dolamo and Ana Maria Tepedino). Edward P. Antonio is the Harvey H. Potthoff Associate Professor of Theology and Social Theory, and Associate Dean of Diversities at the Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado. He is editor of Inculturation and Postcolonial Discourse in African Theology (2006).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDwight N. Hopkins,Edward P. Antonio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.