All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this second edition of the best-selling Cambridge Companion to Christian Ethics, Robin Gill brings together twenty essays by leading experts, to provide a comprehensive introduction to Christian ethics which is both authoritative and up to date. This volume boasts four entirely new chapters, while previous chapters and all bibliographies have been updated to reflect significant developments in the field over the last decade. Gill offers a superb overview of the subject, examining the scriptural bases of ethics as well as discussing Christian ethics in the context of contemporary issues, including war and the arms trade, social justice, ecology, ecomics, medicine and genetics. All of the contributors have a proven track record of balanced, comprehensive and comprehensible writing making this book an accessible and invaluable source t only for students in upper-level undergraduate courses, graduate students and teachers, but anyone interested in Christian ethics today.
- Author BiographyRobin Gill is Professor of Applied Theology at the University of Kent and General Editor of the New Studies in Christian Ethics series. His recent books include Health Care and Christian Ethics (Cambridge, 2006), A Textbook of Christian Ethics (2006) and Religious Virtues (2011).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRobin Gill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.