All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Companion offers an overview of the beliefs, doctrines, and practices of the key philosophical concepts at the heart of Christian theology. The sixteen chapters, commissioned specially for this volume, are written by an internationally recognized team of scholars and examine topics such as the Trinity, God's necessary existence, simplicity, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, goodness, eternity and providence, the incarnation, resurrection, atonement, sin and salvation, the problem of evil, church rites, revelation and miracles, prayer, and the afterlife. Written in n-technical, accessible language, they t only offer a synthesis of scholarship on these topics but also suggest questions and topics for further investigation.
- Author BiographyCharles Taliaferro is professor of philosophy at St. Olaf's College in Minnesota. He is the author and editor of several books, including Evidence and Faith: Philosophy and Religion since the Seventeenth Century and Aesthetics: A Beginner's Guide. Chad Meister is Professor of Philosophy at Bethel College in Indiana. He is the author, most recently, of the forthcoming Philosophy of Religion and Evil: A Guide for the Perplexed, among many other titles that he has authored, co-authored, and edited.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byChad Meister,Charles Taliaferro
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.