All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJane Austen's stock in the popular marketplace has never been higher, while academic studies continue to uncover new aspects of her engagement with her world. This fully updated edition of the acclaimed Cambridge Companion offers clear, accessible coverage of the intricacies of Austen's works in their historical context, with biographical information and suggestions for further reading. Major scholars address Austen's six vels, the letters and other works, in terms accessible to students and the many general readers, as well as to academics. With seven new essays, the Companion w covers topics that have become central to recent Austen studies, for example, gender, sociability, ecomics, and the increasing number of screen adaptations of the vels.
- Author BiographyEdward Copeland is Emeritus Professor of English at Pomona College, Claremont, California. Juliet McMaster is Emeritus Distinguished University Professor of English at the University of Alberta, Canada.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEdward Copeland,Juliet McMaster
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.