All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModernism emerged alongside radical challenges to traditional belief systems, the reorganization of public and private spheres, new modes of visual display, and invations in recreation and entertainment. This interdisciplinary collection focuses on the diverse inventions, products, pastimes, and creative forms that responded to and inspired American and European literature. This volume explores such wide-ranging subjects as religion, dance, and publishing, thus introducing readers to the diversity of modernist culture. The Companion serves as a valuable resource for both those undertaking the study of modernism for the first time and those seeking to expand their kwledge of modernism's cultural moment.
- Author BiographyCelia Marshik is Associate Professor of English at Stony Brook University. Her research focuses on British modernism, the relationship between modernism and the middlebrow, and the literature and culture of World War I. Marshik is the author of British Modernism and Censorship.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Culture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note19 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCelia Marshik
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.