All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Companion to Willa Cather offers thirteen original essays by leading scholars of a major American modernist velist. Willa Cather's lumius prose is 'easy' to read yet surprisingly difficult to understand. The essays collected here are theoretically informed but accessibly written and cover the full range of Cather's career, including most of her twelve vels and several of her short stories. The essays situate Cather's work in a broad range of critical, cultural, and literary contexts, and the introduction explores current trends in Cather scholarship as well as the author's place in contemporary culture. With a detailed chrology and a guide to further reading, the volume offers students and teachers a fresh and thorough sense of the author of My Antonia, The Professor's House, and Death Comes for the Archbishop.
- Author BiographyMarilee Lindemann is Associate Professor of English at the University of Maryland.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMarilee Lindemann
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.