All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguably the most influential work of systematic theology in the history of Christianity, Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologiae has shaped all subsequent theology since it was written in the late thirteenth century. This Companion features essays from both specialists in Aquinas' thought and from constructive contemporary theologians to demonstrate how to read the text effectively and how to relate it to past and current theological questions. The authors thoroughly examine individual topics addressed in the Summa, such as God, the Trinity, eternity, providence, virtue, grace, and the sacraments, making the text accessible to students of all levels. They further discuss the contextual, methodological, and structural issues surrounding the Summa, as well as its interaction with a variety of religious traditions. This volume will t only allow readers to develop a comprehensive multi-perspectival understanding of Aquinas' main mature theological work, but also promote dialogue about the vital role of the Summa in theology today.
- Author BiographyPhilip McCosker is Director of the Von Hugel Institute and Fellow of St Edmund's College, University of Cambridge, and Departmental Lecturer in Modern Theology, University of Oxford. He is the editor of What Is It that the Scripture Says? (2006) and author of Christ the Paradox: Expanding Ressourcement Theology (2016). He is also the editor of the journal Reviews in Religion and Theology. Denys Turner is Horace Tracy Pitkin Professor Emeritus of Historical Theology at Yale University. His most recent publications include Julian of Norwich, Theologian (2011) and Thomas Aquinas: A Portrait (2013).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDenys Turner,Philip McCosker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.