All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume introduces students of rabbinic literature to the range of historical and interpretative questions surrounding the rabbinic texts of late antiquity. The editors, themselves well-kwn interpreters of Rabbinic literature, have gathered an international collection of scholars to support students' initial steps in confronting the ermous and complex rabbinic corpus. Unlike other introductions to Rabbinic writings, the present volume includes approaches shaped by anthropology, gender studies, oral-traditional studies, classics, and folklore studies.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Elisheva Fonrobert is the author of Menstrual Purity: Rabbinic and Christian Reconstructions of Biblical Gender (2000) which won the Salo Baron Prize for a best first book in Jewish Studies of that year, and was a finalist (one of three) for the National Jewish Book Award. Martin S. Jaffee is the author of Torah in the Mouth: Writing and Oral Tradition in Palestinian Judaism, 200 BCE-400 CE (2001), Early Judaism: Religious Worlds of the First Judaic Milennium, 2nd edition (2006), and several volumes of rabbinic translation and commentary. He is currently co-editor of the AJS Review.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharlotte Elisheva Fonrobert,Martin S. Jaffee
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.