All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook presents an indispensable compilation of fundamental facts and figures about the Earth. It brings together reliable physical, chemical, biological and historical data in a series of 145 easy to read tables, supplemented by maps, charts and colour plates. Eleven sections cover topics spanning the Earth's geosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere and biosphere, with one section focusing on other bodies in the Solar System. Full references for the original data sources are provided to enable users to access further detail, and the appendix provides practical information on units and conversion factors. Compact and easy to use, this handy book provides a time-saving first point of reference for researchers, students and practitioners in the Earth and Environmental Sciences. It allows scientists easy access to basic information on topics outside their specialisation, and is also a convenient resource for n-scientists such as ecomists, policy makers and journalists.
- Author BiographyPaul Henderson is an Honorary Professor in the Department of Earth Sciences at University College London and was previously Head of the Department of Mineralogy and Director of Science at the Natural History Museum. He was President of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1990-2) and Vice President of the Geological Society of London (2002-8). Professor Henderson's research interests focus on the geochemistry of igneous and related rocks, and he is the author of the textbook Inorganic Geochemistry (1982) and the editor of Rare Earth Element Geochemistry (1984). Gideon Henderson is Professor of Earth Sciences at Oxford University and was previously an Associate Research Scientist at the Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, New York. His research interests involve the application of geochemical tools to understand the Earth's surface environment including climate change, past ocean circulation, and geochemical fluxes from land to sea. Professor Henderson is also an editor of Uranium-Series Geochemistry (2003).
- Author(s)Gideon M. Henderson,Paul Henderson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 8 colour illus. 145 tables
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.