All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForensic psychology has developed and extended from an original, narrow focus on presenting evidence to the courts to a wider application across the whole span of civil and criminal justice, which includes dealing with suspects, offenders, victims, witnesses, defendants, litigants and justice professionals. This Handbook provides an encyclopedic-style source regarding the major concerns in forensic psychology. It is an invaluable reference text for practitioners within community, special hospital, secure unit, prison, probation and law enforcement forensic settings, as well as being appropriate for trainees and students in these areas. It will also serve as a companion text for lawyers and psychiatric and law enforcement professionals who wish to be apprised of forensic psychology coverage. Each entry provides a succinct outline of the topic, describes current thinking, identifies relevant consensual or contested aspects and alternative positions. Readers are presented with key issues and directed towards specialized sources for further reference.
- Author BiographyJennifer M. Brown is Professor of Forensic Psychology and Director of Crime and Justice @ Surrey at the University of Surrey. She has been involved with the Police Service for over 20 years, having previously held posts as a Research Manager for Hampshire Police and a Syndicate Director on the senior command course at Bramshill. Elizabeth A. Campbell is Senior Lecturer in Clinical Psychology and Programme Director for the doctorate in Clinical Psychology in the Section of Psychological Medicine at the University of Glasgow. She is also Honorary Consultant Clinical Psychologist with the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Trust, and past president of the British Psychological Society. She acts as a consultant to the Metropolitan Police and the Serious and Organised Crime Agency.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCambridge Handbooks in Psychology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note18 b/w illus. 27 tables
- Weight1660 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byElizabeth A. Campbell,Jennifer M. Brown
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.