All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformation and Communication Techlogies (ICTs) have profoundly changed many aspects of life, including the nature of entertainment, work, communication, education, healthcare, industrial production and business, social relations and conflicts. They have had a radical and widespread impact on our moral lives and hence on contemporary ethical debates. The Cambridge Handbook of Information and Computer Ethics, first published in 2010, provides an ambitious and authoritative introduction to the field, with discussions of a range of topics including privacy, ownership, freedom of speech, responsibility, techlogical determinism, the digital divide, cyber warfare, and online porgraphy. It offers an accessible and thoughtful survey of the transformations brought about by ICTs and their implications for the future of human life and society, for the evaluation of behaviour, and for the evolution of moral values and rights. It will be a valuable book for all who are interested in the ethical aspects of the information society in which we live.
- Author BiographyLuciano Floridi is Professor and Research Chair in Philosophy of Information, University of Hertfordshire, Fellow of St Cross College, Oxford University, and UNESCO Chair in Information and Computer Ethics. His publications include Philosophy and Computing: An Introduction (1999) and The Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Computing and Information (2004).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byLuciano Floridi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.