The Cambridge Handbook of Intelligence by Cambridge University Press (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $76.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date compendium of theory and research in the field of human intelligence. Each of the 42 chapters is written by world-rewned experts in their respective fields, and collectively, they cover the full range of topics of contemporary interest in the study of intelligence. The handbook is divided into nine parts: Part I covers intelligence and its measurement; Part II deals with the development of intelligence; Part III discusses intelligence and group differences; Part IV concerns the biology of intelligence; Part V is about intelligence and information processing; Part VI discusses different kinds of intelligence; Part VII covers intelligence and society; Part VIII concerns intelligence in relation to allied constructs; and Part IX is the concluding chapter, which reflects on where the field is currently and where it still needs to go.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Sternberg is Provost and Senior Vice President and Professor of Psychology at Oklahoma State University. He was previously Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology and Education at Tufts University. Sternberg is President of the International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology and President-Elect of the Federation of Associations of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. He was the 2003 President of the American Psychological Association and the Eastern Psychological Association. The central focus of his research is on intelligence, creativity and wisdom. He is the author of about 1,200 journal articles, book chapters and books; has received more than $20 million in government and other grants and contracts for his research; has won more than two dozen professional awards; and has been listed in the APA Monitor on Psychology as one of the top 100 psychologists of the twentieth century. He is listed by the ISI as one of its most highly cited authors in psychology and psychiatry. Scott Barry Kaufman is Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology at New York University. He holds a Ph.D. in cognitive psychology from Yale University, an M.Phil. in experimental psychology from the University of Cambridge, where he was a Gates Cambridge Scholar, and a B.S. from Carnegie Mellon University. His research interests include the nature, identification and development of human intelligence, creativity and imagination; individual differences in implicit cognition; openness to experience; humor ability; and evolutionary psychology. In addition to publishing more than 25 book chapters and articles in professional journals such as Cognition, Intelligence and the Journal of Creative Behavior, he is co-editor of The Psychology of Creative Writing (2009) with James C. Kaufman. His work has been covered in media outlets such as Scientific American Mind and Men's Health. Additionally, he writes a blog for Psychology Today entitled 'Beautiful Minds'. Kaufman is the recipient of the 2008 Frank X. Barron award from Division 10 of the American Psychological Association for his research on the psychology of aesthetics, creativity and the arts.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Handbooks in Psychology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note46 b/w illus. 19 tables
- Weight1710 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byRobert J. Sternberg,Scott Barry Kaufman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.