All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe twentieth century saw changes as dramatic as any in Christian history. The Churches suffered serious losses, both through persecution and through secularisation, in what had been for several centuries their European heartlands, but grew fast in Africa and parts of Asia. This volume provides a comprehensive history of Catholicism, Protestantism and the Independent Churches in all parts of the world in the century when Christianity truly became a global religion. Written by a powerful team of specialists from many different countries, the volume is broad in scope. The first part focuses on institutions and movements which have had a worldwide impact, including the papacy, the ecumenical movement and Pentecostalism. The second provides a narrative of Christian history in each region of the world. The third focuses on selected themes from an international perspective, including changes in worship, relations with Jews and Muslims, science and the arts, gender and sexuality.
- Author BiographyHugh McLeod is Professor of Church History at the University of Birmingham. His many publications include Secularisation in Western Europe 1848-1914 (2000).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge History of Christianity
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 4 maps
- Weight1282 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byHugh McLeod
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.