Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe twentieth century saw changes as dramatic as any in Christian history. The Churches suffered serious losses, both through persecution and through secularisation, in what had been for several centuries their European heartlands, but grew fast in Africa and parts of Asia. This volume provides a comprehensive history of Catholicism, Protestantism and the Independent Churches in all parts of the world in the century when Christianity truly became a global religion. Written by a powerful team of specialists from many different countries, the volume is broad in scope. The first part focuses on institutions and movements which have had a worldwide impact, including the papacy, the ecumenical movement and Pentecostalism. The second provides a narrative of Christian history in each region of the world. The third focuses on selected themes from an international perspective, including changes in worship, relations with Jews and Muslims, science and the arts, gender and sexuality.
- Author BiographyHugh McLeod is Professor of Church History at the University of Birmingham. His many publications include Secularisation in Western Europe 1848-1914 (2000).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleCambridge History of Christianity
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byHugh McLeod
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.