All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third volume of The Cambridge History of Russia provides an authoritative political, intellectual, social and cultural history of the trials and triumphs of Russia and the Soviet Union during the twentieth century. It encompasses t only the ethnically Russian part of the country but also the n-Russian peoples of the tsarist and Soviet multinational states and of the post-Soviet republics. Beginning with the revolutions of the early twentieth century, chapters move through the 1920s to the Stalinist 1930s, World War II, the post-Stalin years and the decline and collapse of the USSR. The contributors attempt to go beyond the divisions that marred the historiography of the USSR during the Cold War to look for new syntheses and understandings. The volume is also the first major undertaking by historians and political scientists to use the new primary and archival sources that have become available since the break-up of the USSR.
- Author BiographyRonald Grigor Suny is Professor of Political Science and History at the University of Chicago. His many publications on Russian history include Armenia in Modern History (1993), and The Soviet Experiment: Russia, the USSR, and the Successor States (1998).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe Cambridge History of Russia
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byRonald Grigor Suny
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.