All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge History of the First World War is a comprehensive, three-volume work which provides an authoritative account of the military, political, social, ecomic and cultural history of the Great War. Reflecting the very latest research in the field, the volumes provide a comprehensive guide to the course of the war and of how the dynamics of conflict unfolded throughout the world. Volume 1 surveys the military history showing the brutal realities of a global war among industrialized powers, whilst Volumes 2 and 3 explore the social, ecomic, cultural and political challenges that the war presented to politicians, industrialists, soldiers and civilians. Written by a team of leading international historians, the volumes together reveal the ways in which the war transcended the boundaries of Europe to subsequently transform the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas just as much as Europe itself.
- Author BiographyJay Winter is Charles J. Stille Professor of History at Yale University. He came to Yale from Cambridge where he took his doctorate and where he taught history from 1979 to 2001 and was a Fellow of Pembroke College. He is the author of Sites of Memory, Sites of Mourning: The Great War in European Cultural History (1995); Remembering War (2006) and Dreams of Peace and Freedom (2006). In 1997, he received an Emmy award for the best documentary series of the year as co-producer and co-writer of 'The Great War and the Shaping of the Twentieth Century', an eight-hour series broadcast on PBS and the BBC, and shown subsequently in 28 countries. He is one of the founders of the Historial de la grande guerre, the international museum of the Great War, in Peronne, Somme, France. His biography of Rene Cassin, written with Antoine Prost, published by Fayard in French in 2011, will appear in an English edition in 2013, published by Cambridge University Press.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Cambridge History of the First World War
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 183 colour illus. 34 maps
- Weight4040 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine110 mm
- Edited byDr Jay Winter
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.