Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $18.85Trending at AU $19.91
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $12.85
- AU $19.86Trending at AU $34.61
- AU $14.13Trending at AU $25.88
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis major thesaurus, first published in 1994 is carefully designed and easy-to-use. It contains an original collection in A-Z format of over 200,000 synyms and antonyms. It has been compiled by William Lutz, author of Doublespeak and a rewned expert on language use. Instead of indiscriminately listing every word associated with the headword, as many other thesauruses do, The Cambridge Thesaurus selects those that are synyms or near synyms in the widest range of contexts, labelling any that are slang or otherwise restricted in usage. Synyms are listed according to their commonness and appropriateness, as are antonyms, and are distinguished by sense. In those cases where the distinction between senses in t clear, a brief definition is provided. Special attention has been given to phrasal entries such as come out (transpire), fall apart (collapse), look down on (disparage). The Cambridge Thesaurus of American English will be welcomed by both students of language and general readers interested in, or coming into contact with, American English.
- Author(s)William D. Lutz
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/02/1994
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1120 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.