CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume, for the first time, presents the total physical world of the college campus as a bona fide art form. It analyzes the aesthetic elements involved in the spawning and savaging of college grounds. The ideal campus design, once defined, is held up to over 100 campuses throughout the United States, and the relative artistic merit of each evaluated. Both the best and the worst in campus design are critically observed from the standpoint of urban space, architectural quality, landscape, and overall appeal. Variables such as regional differences, historical perspective, expansion, and visual focus also figure in the evaluation. A list of the fifty most artistically successful campuses in the country concludes this highly readable and yet academically valid work exploring a discrete artistic discipline.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS A. GAINES, trained in architecture, headed a design and construction company and has written extensively on planning and architecture. He is a contributor to such periodicals as Historic Preservation Magazine, MIT's Journal of Environmental Design, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.
- Author(s)Thomas A. Gaines
- Date of Publication30/09/1991
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.