The Cancer Whisperer: How to Let Cancer Heal Your Life by Sophie Sabbage (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A brilliant book, for anybody who is living with cancer, and it affects us all...this is invaluable.' - ITV Lorraine This book does t offer a cure for cancer. It offers a cure for your fear of cancer. Sophie Sabbage's breakthrough book combines practical advice with a new approach that turns traditional attitudes to cancer on their head. Sophie Sabbage was diagsed with late stage 'incurable' lung cancer in October 2014. She was 48 years old, happily married with a 4-year-old daughter. Since that day - when doctors told Sophie that her progsis was poor - she has been on a remarkable journey of healing and transformation that has reshaped her vocation as well as changed her life for the better. The Cancer Whisperer chronicles Sophie's extraordinary relationship with cancer and the methods that she has used for dealing with fear, anger, denial and grief. The essence of 'cancer whispering' was born of Sophie's determination to take cancer off the battlefield and into the classroom. Instead of going to war with it, Sophie has chosen to listen to it, learn from it and choose her own response to it. Sophie offers a radically different way of relating to this disease both mentally and practically: she shares the research she has done, the treatments she has chosen, the diet she follows and the resources that she feels have made the biggest differences in the hope that they will help others cut through the mass of information out there. Sophie says: 'This book is for the cancer patient who wants to remain a dignified, empowered human being even when your doctors and diagsis are scaring the hell out of you. It is also for the cancer patient who has a hunch that there is something for them to learn, gain or even be transformed by - if they just knew how to relate to this disease differently to the way most of society does. It is for the cancer patient, perhaps any patient.'
- Author BiographySophie is a writer, speaker and facilitator who has worked in the field of human development, mindset transformation and corporate culture since 1994. Since being diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer in October 2014, Sophie has drawn on her wisdom, courage and tenacity to create her life anew. In addition to running her own business - Interaction (www.interaction.com) and Sophie Sabbage Ltd (www.sophiesabbage.com) - Sophie had been a senior trainer with the educational charity More To Life (www.moretolife.org.uk) since 2001. An insatiable student who was crawling up bookshelves at the age of two, Sophie achieved a first-class BA in English Literature and Psychology before going on to study various approaches to human and organisational change over a number of years. She measures leadership not by how many followers one has, but by how many other leaders one creates. Her passport and her right to vote are among her most prized possessions. Sophie is very happily married to John Sabbage, and is the proud mother of their daughter Gabriella.
- Author(s)Sophie Sabbage
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Weight358 g
- Width169 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.