Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book, Raising Dragons, plunged two teenagers, Billy Bannister and Bonnie Silver, into mind-boggling mysteries, life or death pursuits, and deadly sword-to-sword battles. In The Candlestone, a mysterious book leads Billy into mortal combat with a powerful dragon slayer. Separated from his friends and finding his dragon traits useless against this enemy, he has to rely on new weapons, a sword and shield he cant even see. A scientist lures Bonnie to his laboratory with amazing news her mother is still alive! And he should kw; he s her father. He has learned the secret of long life dragon blood, and he wants Bonnie to help him with his experiments. But first he must send her to retrieve her mother from the candlestone, that strange, paralyzing gem that absorbs light and with it the strength of dragons and their offspring. The candlestone is also a prison that imprisons people who have been transformed into light energy by Excalibur, King Arthur s great sword. When Bonnie enters the stone, she learns that many disembodied souls have fallen prey to the gem s powers, but one has ever escaped. Her only hope is for Billy to overcome the dragon slayer and find a way into the candlestone, and, more importantly, a way out. Billy and Bonnie face their greatest fears, and they learn to use their strengths, both innate and newly found, as they battle powerful enemies, ancient fiends from times long past, and the horrors of the blackest of prisons, captivity with the walls of unearthly darkness, the crystalline tomb of the candlestone.
- Author BiographyBryan Davis is the author of the best-selling Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire series, contemporary/fantasy blends for young people. His book Eye of the Oracle hit number one on the January 2007, Young Adult CBA best-seller list. His book The Bones of Makaidos won the 2010 Clive Staples Award, recognizing the best work in Christian worldview speculative fiction. With the September 2010 release of Masters & Slayers, Bryan has begun his first fantasy series for adults, Tales of Starlight. Bryan is a graduate of the University of Florida (B.S. in Industrial Engineering). From the time he taught himself how to read before school age, through his seminary years and beyond, he has demonstrated a passion for the written word, reading and writing in many disciplines and genres, including theology, fiction, devotionals, poetry, and humor. Bryan continues to further his writing education by attending relevant writing conferences and conventions. Bryan is a craftsman with words and an excellent interviewee on various topics, including his books, young adult fantasy fiction, and creative writing in general. He makes appearances around the country for book signings and for special presentations to enthusiastic young readers and developing young authors in middle schools, high schools, and homeschool groups. Although he is now a full time writer, Bryan was a computer professional for over 20 years. Bryan and his wife, Susie, have homeschooled their four girls and three boys.
- Author(s)Bryan Davis
- PublisherAMG Publishers
- Date of Publication08/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDragons in Our Midst
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Place of PublicationChattanooga
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAMG Publishers
- Weight581 g
- Width163 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.