All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cannabis Manifesto is both a call to action and a radical vision of humans' relationship with this healing but controversial plant. Steve DeAngelo, the founder of Harborside Health Center, the world's largest medical-cannabis dispensary, presents a compelling case for cannabis as a wellness catalyst that must be legalized. His view thatthere is such thing as recreational cannabis use challenges readers torethinkeverything theythoughtthey knew about marijuana. The Cannabis Manifestoanswers essential questions about the plant, using extensive research to fuel a thoughtful discussionabout cannabisscience and law, as well as its biological, mental, and spiritual effects on human beings. With a cultural critic's eye peering through the lens of social justice, DeAngelo explains how cannabis prohibition has warped our mostprecious institutions from thefamily, to the workplace, to the doctor s office andthe courtroom.In calling for a realistic national policy on a substance that hasbeenused by half of all Americans, this essential primer will forever change the way theworld thinks about cannabis, its benefits, andthe laws governing its use.
- Author BiographySteve DeAngelo has been a cannabis activist, advocate, entrepreneur, and educator for almost four decades. His vision and leadership have been featured by news teams from around the globe including the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, NPR, and BBC. His creation of the landmark Harborside Health Center, the largestmedical marijuana dispensary in the world, set the standard for providing safe access, responsible use, and lab-tested, high quality medicine. In 2010, DeAngelo launched the cannabis industry s first investment and research firm, The Arc View Group, one of the top ten angel investment groups in the U.S.
- Author(s)Steve Deangelo
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.