Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.23
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.20
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $22.20
- AU $22.98Trending at AU $25.09
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $25.09
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.47
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Recreational Path Guide series continues with The Capital Ring , a guide to the new footpath linking together the green spaces that lie inside, rather than outside, the capital. The total distance of 75 miles is divided into short, manageable sections that even the most inexperienced walker should be able to handle with ease. The Capital Ring takes in some of London's most outstanding attractions, including the Thames Barrier, Eltham Palace and Richmond Park, and encounters little-kwn treasures such as Oxleas Meadows, the parkland Walk, Abney Park Cemetery and Beckton Alps. There are many sections of waterside walking, along the Thames and its tributaries as well as the Grand Union Canal, Brent Reservoir, the Lee Navigation and Docklands. And the green spaces along the route include parkland, nature reserves, woods and even occasional farmland. The guide divides the Capital Ring into 15 convenient sections, illustrated throughout with full-colour photographs and 1:25,000 maps, specially prepared by the Ordnance Survey. The sections represent day or half-day walks of reasonable length, each starting and finishing at a public transport point; the author also suggests points at which the walks can be broken down into shorter sections by getting back on a train or bus. Key sites along the route are numbered in the text and on the maps for easy identification.
- Author BiographyColin Saunders was one of the first members of the Long Distance Walkers Association, established in 1972, and was one of the founder members of the London Walking Forum in 1990. He is the author of a number of walking books, including London: The Definitive Walking Guide.
- Author(s)Colin Saunders
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitleRecreational Path Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight285 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.