All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough little kwn today, this story was once widely regarded as a classic of American literature. First published in 1682, it has seen over forty editions in the past three centuries, and it marked the beginning of a very popular and uniquely American form of literature, the so-called captivity narrative, which was the predecessor of the American western vel. This book also holds a prominent place in women's literature since it is the first full length prose work published in America written by a woman. .
- Author BiographyThe wife of a pastor in 17th century Massachusetts, Mrs. Rolwandson was captured by the indians in the first indian war in America.
- Author(s)Mary Rowlandson
- Date of Publication13/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.