All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFans of Tim Federle and Louis Sachar will love this hilarious story of what happens when the n-jocks kidnap their sports-obsessed school s beloved mascot. Seventh-grade playwright Olive Henry is frustrated by her middle school s lack of appreciation for anything but sports. While the principal drones on and on during morning anuncements about the sports teams victories, all n-athletic club meetings are relegated to the school basement, never to be mentioned on the loudspeaker. So Olive and her best friend, Reynaldo, hatch a plan to kidnap the school s capybara mascot, planning to return it, heroically, just in time for the school s pep rally and claim a reward: permission for their drama club to practice in the auditorium. And, hopefully, some overdue respect for the school s n-athletes. But when an animal-rights student activist and an undercover athlete with murky motivations join in the conspiracy, their plans along with Cappy the capybara veer wildly out of Olive s control.
- Author BiographyErica S. Perl is the author of When Life Gives You O.J., Aces Wild, Vintage Veronica, and a number of picture books. She lives in Washington, D.C., where she works at First Book, the groundbreaking organization that provides books to children in need. Learn more about Erica at EricaPerl.com.
- Author(s)Erica S Perl
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width145 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.