All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGad Heuman provides a comprehensive introduction the history of the Caribbean, from its earliest inhabitants to contemporary political and cultural developments. Topics covered include: - The Amerindians - Sugary and Slavery - Race, Racism and Equality - The Aftermath of Emancipation - The Revolutionary Caribbean - Cultures of the Caribbean This new edition is fully revised and updated, with new material on the pre-Columbian era and the Hispanic Caribbean. It takes account t only of the political and social struggles that have shaped the Caribbean, but also provides a sense of the development of the region's culture. The Caribbean: A Brief History is ideal for students and those seeking a clear and readable introduction to Caribbean history.
- Author BiographyGad Heuman is Professor Emeritus in the History Department and is a past Director of the Centre for Caribbean Studies at the University of Warwick, UK.
- Author(s)Gad J. Heuman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.