All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1974, McIntyre temporarily left behind his academic career as a developmental ecomist at the University of the West Indies to take up appointment as Secretary-General of CARICOM (the Caribbean Community and Common Market). He subsequently held positions as the Director of the Commodities Division of UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) and then Deputy Secretary-General of UNCTAD in both Geneva and New York. In 1988 McIntyre returned to the Caribbean as Vice Chancellor of the University of the West Indies and, on his retirement in 1998, he assumed the post of Chief Technical Advisor at the Caribbean Regional Negotiating Machinery. This book outlines McIntyre's extraordinary life and wide-ranging international career in diplomacy, politics and academia. It provides key perspectives on the development of Caribbean regional government and international institutions in the twentieth century.
- Author BiographySir Alister McIntyre is a distinguished international statesman and academic. He studied at LSE and Oxford University and taught at the University of the West Indies, where he was latterly Vice Chancellor. He has served in a variety of high-profile roles in UN agencies and in Caribbean regional government.
- Author(s)Alister McIntyre
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Press
- Content Note25bw in 16pp plates
- Weight476 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.