Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it became apparent that the first edition of my very funny story of the trials and tribulations of building and operating a hotel on a tiny island was on the verge of selling out, I set about writing a second edition. It was my intention to address some of the comments and criticisms that I had received from my readers and former guests at the hotel and to add twenty photographs. I had sooner completed the writing when I received an e mail from the people who purchased the hotel from Pat and me. They sent a copy of a news article by British investigative journalist Charles Laurence in which he states that the buyers of our hotel are Slovakian gangsters who used coercion and bribery of government officials to obtain title to eighty percent of the Crown land on Salt Cay in the Turks and Caicos Islands, with the intention of creating a vast money laundering scheme. A commission of inquiry has been appointed by the Queen. One of England's most prominent jurists has been sent to the island to chair the commission. A moratorium on construction is in place and bank accounts have been frozen but will our dream hotel be saved. New chapters have been added dealing with these shocking developments.
- Author BiographyGuy Lovelace AIA attended Cornell University College of Mechanical Engineering and graduated from Syracuse University school of Fine Arts-Architecture. He has owned his own interior design firm, architectural firm, restaurant construction firm, as well as several restaurants, and furniture manufacturing facilities in Mexico, Haiti and Costa Rica. He has been Vice President for Planning and Development of Divi Hotels NV and been the owner operator of his own Boutique Hotel, The Windmills Plantation. He spends his time in Tequesta FL or Easton MD, writing, golfing, swimming and enjoying his grand children.
- Author(s)S Guy Lovelace
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.