All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first English translation of the Carriage Stone. the Carriage Stoneexplores the meeting of a struggling communist writer and a Lutheran minister as each of them confronts the death of a loved one. Both, in different ways begin to doubt their lives and their work. The development of their relationship is masterfully depicted, smoothly shifting between intimacy and distance.
- Author BiographySigbjorn Holmebaak was born in southern Norway. After attending a business school, Holmebakk became an employee of the State Directorate of Enemy Property. Holmebakk's debut in literature came in 1950 with the novel Don't Talk About the Fall(Ikke snakk om hosten). He wrote twelve further novels and was also a skillful dramatist. Holmebakk was a realist, who wrote of existential questions with force and skillfully explored social backgrounds. He was also awarded Gyldendal's Endowment in 1956, and the Dobloug Prize in 1976.
- Author(s)Sigbjorn Holmebakk
- PublisherParthian Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCardigan
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParthian Books
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.