All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Standard Motor Company grew to be one of the biggest companies in Coventry and employed some 11000 people at its height. Based at its huge factory at Canley, Coventry It produced cars for 60 years. The purchase of the Triumph marque in 1945 added a second brand to the stable and all post-war Triumphs were designed, developed and built in Standard factories. This book covers the formative years of the company from 1903 to 1912 and describes the Vintage Standards produced between 1913 and 1930 as well as the Post-Vintage and Flying Standards of 1931-1939. The author discusses the acquisition of Triumph and covers the post-war Standards and Triumphs produced between 1945 and 1961 as well as the Leyland takeover and the company demise. The book includes detailed descriptions of the cars built by Standard and includes high resolution photographs of surviving cars, period factory photos and brochure material.
- Author BiographyPhil Homer is the Vice-Chairman and Historian of the Standard Motor Club, an organisation dedicated to the preservation of all Standard cars and derivatives such as Avon, Railton and SS. He has thirty-five years' experience of the marque, has owned numerous models and his current fleet ranges from 1919 through to 1956. He has had several illustrated features published in the motoring press.
- Author(s)Phil Homer
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Weight567 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.