All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCartoon History of the Modern World is a wickedly funny take on modern history. In two volumes of engaging and witty graphics, Larry Gonick covers the history, personalities, and big topics that have shaped our universe over the past five centuries. Volume I of the Carton History of the Modern World picks up where Gonick's bestselling Cartoon History of the Universe left off with Christopher Columbus about to set sail on his fateful voyage to the New World. The book also opens with the history of Aztec and Inca, the empires in Asia, and the formation of the first fully global system of trade and ideas. Next comes the Protestant Reformation, the reorientation of Europe and the birth of modern political philosophy and science. The final section covers the competition between France and Britain in North America and culminates with the American Revolution and U.S. Constitution.
- Author BiographyLarry Gonick has been creating comics that explain math, history, science, and other big subjects for more than forty years. He has been a calculus instructor at Harvard (where he earned his BA and MA in mathematics) and a Knight Science Journalism Fellow at MIT, and he is currently staff cartoonist for Muse magazine. He lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Larry Gonick
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleCartoon Guide Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content NoteCartoon illustrations
- Weight471 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.