All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Casual Sky Observer's Pocket Guide offers an observing program for occasional amateur observers looking for some quick, fun astromy adventures under the stars. In the real world, where time for observing is limited, the weather is seldom perfect, and expensive equipment is t an option, amateur astromy may t be seen as a worthwhile activity. However, portable and quick-to-set-up instruments are available. A pair of biculars or a small telescope fills the bill. And the way to make the most of these instruments is described in the Casual Sky Observer's Pocket Guide . Not only does the book feature the best and brightest showpieces of the heavens; it also provides a great deal of physical and environmental data as well as lots of fascinating information and beautiful illustrations that provide a unique perspective on the many treasures within and beyond our home galaxy, the Milky Way - stars, star clusters, other galaxies, and nebulae, all within reach of biculars or a small telescope.
- Author BiographyRony De Laet, a Belgian national who holds a Master of Science degree in Industrial Science (Chemistry), has been an enthusiastic amateur astronomer since his teens. He has had articles published (in Dutch) in the monthly Flemish VVS Astronomical Magazine, and his special talent is in producing photo-real computer drawings of the night sky. His work was on exhibition at the International Astronomical Sketching Exhibition, called In the Footsteps of Galileo, at the Blackrock Castle Observatory in Ireland (from February until May 2009) and then later at Birr Castle, the historic site of Ross's 1845 72-inch telescope (now restored and open for visitors).
- Author(s)Rony de Laet
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomer's Pocket Field Guide
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note96 black & white illustrations, 64 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight363 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.