Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock. Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty facade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is t what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations? A big vel about a small town, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling's first vel for adults. It is the work of a storyteller like other.
- Author BiographyJ.K. Rowling is the author of the bestselling Harry Potter series of seven books, published between 1997 and 2007, which have sold over 450 million copies worldwide, are distributed in more than 200 territories, translated into 73 languages, and have been turned into eight blockbuster films. She has also written two small volumes, which appear as the titles of Harry's schoolbooks within the novels. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages were published by Bloomsbury Children's Books in March 2001 in aid of Comic Relief. In December 2008, The Tales of Beedle the Bard was published in aid of the Children's High Level Group, and quickly became the fastest selling book of the year. As well as an OBE for services to children's literature, J.K. Rowling is the recipient of numerous awards and honorary degrees including the Prince of Asturias Award for Concord, France's Legion d'Honneur, and the Hans Christian Andersen Award, and she has been a Commencement Speaker at Harvard University USA. She supports a wide number of charitable causes through her charitable trust Volant, and is the founder of Lumos, a charity working to transform the lives of disadvantaged children.
- PrizesWinner of Goodreads Choice Awards: Fiction 2012.
- Author(s)J. K. Rowling
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLittle, Brown
- Weight810 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
Most relevant reviews
- alldonedeals11 May, 2016by
Highly recommended slowly unfolding drama
Rowling did a great job on this book. The character development is great and you keep wanting to pick it up to read even when you should be sleeping!
Verified purchase: No
- 1123292800@dele...02 Feb, 2013by
Hello. I bought the book because I liked the previous J.K Rowling work. And I am not dissapointed, but glad I ordered it. Great book, great cover. Of course I'd buy this book again.
- radarc1208 Feb, 2013by
Brownie Points 101
The reason I bought this book - My wife told me to! It came so quick, and was in very good nick. Now I'm in the good books too...
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33