All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a collection of twelve papers that were read at the Third Catalan Symposium, held in October 1992, under the auspices of the Center for Catalan Studies at The Catholic University of America. Under the topic of The Catalan Contexts of 1492, contributions were made by the following American scholars: Eric J. Berryman, Patricia J. Boehne, Peter Cocozzella, Peter W. Dickson, Roberto J. Gonzalez-Casavas, Charles J. Merill, Geoffrey W. Ribbans, Irving M. Sorkin, and Josep M. Sola-Sole. Also participating were representatives from the Centre d'Estudis Colombins in Barcelona: Francesc Albardane, Jordi Bilbeny, Joan Castellar-Gassol, Jordi Galvez, and Nito Verdera. The volume is divided into two main sections: Subtext of Discovery and Conquest, comprised of four papers dealing with the Catalan culture in the fifteenth century, and Origins of Christopher Columbus, which includes eight contributions dealing mainly with the question of the possible Catalan and Jewish origins of the great navigator. This volume is dedicated to the memory of Maria Guitart i Ribas, a native of Barcelona. Dr. Guitart i Ribas received a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from The Catholic University of America and was constantly involved in the activities of the Center for Catalan Studies.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Josep M. Sola-Sole, formerly the chairman of the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at The Catholic University of America, is now Professor Emeritus and the Director of the Center for Catalan Studies. He has published extensively in professional journals both in the United States and abroad and is the author of more than twenty scholarly books. Dr. Sola-Sole is the editor of Peter Lang's series on Catalan Studies. The Contributors: Patricia J. Boehne, Peter Cocozzella, Roberto J. Gonzalez-Casanovas, Geoffrey W. Ribbans, Francesc Albardane, Jordi Bilbeny, Joan Castellar-Gassol, Peter W. Dickson, Jordi Galvez, Charles J. Merrill, Manuel Luciano da Silva and Eric J. Berryman, Josep M. Sola-Sole, Irving M. Sorkin, Nito Verdera
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1994
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight470 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJosep M Sola-Sole
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.