Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe unique fun of catamaran sailing is in the power and acceleration -- from my first sail on a cat, I knew this was the boat for me. Catamarans are the fastest of all conventional sailing craft and among the most thrilling. They are different from mohulls and however good you are in a sailing dinghy you will find you have new skills to learn when you transfer to a cat. Whatever your previous experience, this book will have you fizzing over the water in time. It starts right at the beginning with a simple explanation of how the wind and sails work, then rapidly propels you forward to your first sail and on to your first race. The final section opens up a new world of high--performance skills: gennaker sailing, twin--wire trapezing and tuning a powerful racing rig.
- Author BiographyBrian Phipps has been involved in manufacturing, sailing and racing catamarans since 1978. He also runs the Windsport Cat Clinics: specialist sailing schools that provide an ideal introduction to the practical business of catamaran sailing (and a development programme thereafter).
- Author(s)Brian Phipps
- PublisherFernhurst Books Limited
- Date of Publication25/06/1998
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationArundel
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFernhurst Books
- Weight252 g
- Width185 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.