All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJ. D. Salinger's vel, The Catcher in the Rye celebrated its fiftieth anniversary of publication in 2001. The Catcher in the Rye: New Essays presents a variety of new approaches to this extremely popular and intensely influential vel, ranging from the examination of the intertextual relationship between The Catcher in the Rye and Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses, to the evaluation of Salinger's mythic place in American film and popular culture, to the interrogation of what it means for a reader to claim that a vel such as The Catcher in the Rye has changed his or her life. These essays provide new commentary and new insights, and demonstrate the continuing relevance of Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, and Holden Caulfield to American culture and literature and, in turn, to American cultural and literary studies.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: J. P. Steed teaches writing and literature at Western Oregon University. He earned his M.F.A. in creative writing from the University of Idaho and is a Ph.D. candidate in American literature at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. His publications include original fiction and poetry as well as scholarly articles on authors such as Bernard Malamud, Francine Prose and Raymond Carver, and he is presently editing a collection of new essays on Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight220 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJ. P. Steed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.