All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is filled with skills, tips, and practical advice that every new catechist should kw. Each year, roughly one-third of the more than five hundred thousand volunteer catechists in Catholic parishes are new to the job: they come with little formal training for their work and are essentially students themselves, quickly needing to learn how to prepare a lesson, lead a discussion, supervise children, apply discipline, and help kids grow in their faith. The Catechist's Toolbox is and invaluable collection of techniques, tips, methodologies, and advice for all inexperienced catechists who must learn on the job. Master teacher Joe Paprocki shares the wisdom he has gleaned in two decades as a catechist, high school teacher, and religious educator. Employing the metaphor of a homeowner's toolbox, Paprocki explains how a new catechist is like a do-it-yourself builder who needs the right collection of tools to do the job. Throughout the book, Paprocki explains what the tools are, what they can do, and how to use them skillfully and effectively. The Catechist's Toolbox provides first-time catechists with invaluable on-the-job training that will help them feel at home in their new role and will ultimately allow them to thrive as a religion teacher.
- Author BiographyJoe Paprocki has been a catechetical leader and religious educator in the Chicago area for more than twenty years. His books include god's Library and Living the Mass (Loyola Press). He is the associate director of catechetical services at Loyola Press. He blogs about his work as a catechist at Catechist's Journey (www.catechistsjourney.com)
- Author(s)Joe Paprocki
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width181 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.