All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Catholicity of Reason explains the grandeur of reason, the recollection of which Benedict XVI has presented as one of the primary tasks in Christian engagement with the contemporary world. While postmodern thinkers -- religious and secular alike -- have generally sought to respond to the hubris of Western thought by humbling our presumptuous claims to kwledge, D. C. Schindler shows in this book that only a robust confidence in reason can allow us to remain genuinely open both to God and to the deep mystery of things. Drawing from both contemporary and classical theologians and philosophers, Schindler explores the basic philosophical questions concerning truth, kwledge, and being -- and proposes a new model for thinking about the relationship between faith and reason. The reflections brought together in this book bring forth a dramatic conception of human kwing that both strengthens our trust in reason and opens our mind in faith.
- Author BiographyD. C. Schindler is associate professor of philosophy at Villanova University. His other books include The Perfection of Freedom and Plato's Critique of Impure Reason.
- Author(s)D. C. Schindler
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication23/08/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.