All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA covert intelligence agency called the Cellophane Men was set in motion by President John F. Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs fiasco in 1961. He felt the intelligence community had failed him and subsequently, the entire nation. He knew he needed an independent agency and called upon an old friend from his years at Harvard University. John Van Sandeson was a former CIA agent, with many years of experience in government intrigue. Van Sanderson became an extension of the president by making things happen that couldn't be attributed to the president. Van Sanderson put in place a handpicked team from various branches of the military and all with a specific expertise in intelligence gathering. Their forays began with the assassination of Raphael Trujillo, dictator of the Dominican Republic, continuing into India to free the Portuguese colony of Goa. They then played an important role by gathering intelligence from Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis and rescued the President of South Vietnam during a coup. The final chapter in this book touches briefly on the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Look for future exploits of the Cellophane Men in other vels, providing services for Presidents Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, G.H.W. Bush, Clinton, and G.W. Bush.
- Author BiographyCharles E. Perrault is a native of New England and was educated in Connecticut schools. He had several years of experience with a nationally known insurance company in data processing before transitioning to a technical writer position. He enjoyed several years of writing positions with major companies in the Hartford area. During his early years, Charles was a member of the National Guard and was an Intelligence Specialist. He attended several schools and became acquainted with the various aspects of intelligence gathering and reporting. In his novels, he has attempted to draw from all of his experiences and bring to light the many aspects of the intelligence business. Charles is semi-retired due to bad health, and he, and his wife Colleen, relocated to Georgia. His health improved and he continued his career as a manager with a national telecommunications company. He returned to technical writing as a consultant until retirement. Upon his retirement he began writing his first novel and found this new venture to be quite exciting. He is a member of the Georgia Writers Association Perrault has written a five book series called the The Cellophane Men series: Book 1 - The Cellophane Men The Kennedy Years (1960 - 1963) Book 2 - The Enemy of My Enemies The Johnson Years (1963 - 1969) Book 3 - Thin Line of Defense The Nixon, Ford, Carter Years (1969 - 1981) Book 4 - Reagan's Rangers The Reagan Years (1981 - 1989) Book 5 - 9/11: The New Pearl Harbor The Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama Years (1989 - 2011). Additional projects presently in progress are: Atlanta - 11/11/11 The story of an attack by Arab terrorists, on Atlanta, Georgia in 2011 in which they plan to devastate the infrastructure of this giant city to create massive delays in cross country commercial traffic, thus creating a major blow to the United States economy.
- Author(s)Charles E Perrault
- Date of Publication27/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMrs Colleen L Perrault
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.