All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fourth edition of an invaluable collection of literary sources, all in translation, for Celtic Europe and early Ireland and Wales. The selections are divided into three sections: the first is classical authors on the ancient Celts - a huge selection including both the well-kwn - Herodotos, Plato, Aristotle, Livy, Diogenes Laertius, and Cicero - and the obscure -Pseudo-Scymnus, Lampridius, Vopsicus, Clement of Alexandria and Ptolemy I. The second is early Irish and Hiber-Latin sources including early Irish dynastic poetry and numerous tales from the Ulster cycle; and the third consists of Brittonic sources, mostly Welsh. This edition includes three new early Irish tales, translated by Mairin Ni Dhonnchadha: The Birth of Aed Slaine; Fingal Ronain, and the Story of Mis and Dubh Rois.
- Author BiographyJohn Koch is Senior Fellow at the University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh & Celtic Studies, and Project Leader of The Celtic Languages and Cultural Identity Project. He has written extensively on Celtic literature and is the founder of Celtic Studies Publications. He is author of The Goddodin of Aneirin: Text and Context from Dark-Age North Britain (Wales University Press 1997)
- PublisherCeltic Studies Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/08/2003
- LanguageEnglish & Irish, Old (to 1100)
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCeltic Studies Publications,U.S.
- Content Note4 maps
- Weight966 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJohn Carey,John T. Koch
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.