All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published between 1913 and 1914 for the Egypt Exploration Fund, these three excavation reports relating to the necropolis at Abydos are w reissued together in one volume. Following the important work carried out by Flinders Petrie - his two reports on The Royal Tombs (1900-1) and the three-part Abydos (1902-4) are also reissued in this series - Edouard Naville (1844-1926) began further excavation and recording of the site's cemeteries with Thomas Eric Peet (1882-1934) and others. Each report contains a section of valuable illustrative material, such as photographs and drawings of the discovered artefacts. Part 1, covering the 1909-10 season, includes chapters on pottery and mummified dogs. Part 2, written up by Peet, covers all the tomb work carried out between 1909 and 1912. Part 3, co-authored with W. L. S. Loat, covers the 1912-13 season, tably the discovery of an ibis cemetery.
- Author(s)Edouard Naville,T. Eric Peet
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication14/04/2013
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Egyptology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note26 b/w illus.
- Weight910 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.