All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the core textbook for the Certificate in Education and Training. This complete guide to the Certificate, from Learning Matters, covers all the content of the mandatory units in a reader-friendly and accessible way. The text develops the reader's practical teaching skills and, through complete coverage of the content of the unit prepares learners to teach in a wide variety of contexts. In all chapters real life examples illustrate what the theory means in practice and a theory focus gives further resources to help learners with their research and study. Relevant for all learners and all awarding organisations.
- Author BiographyAnn is a director of her own company, Ann Gravells Ltd, an educational consultancy based in East Yorkshire. She specialises in teaching, training and quality assurance for the Further Education and Skills Sector. Ann creates resources for teachers and learners such as PowerPoints and handouts for the TAQA units and for the Award and the Certificate in Education and Training. These are available via her resource website: www.anngravells.co.uk/resources. Ann is a consultant to the University of Cambridge's Institute of Continuing Education. She has worked for several awarding organisations producing qualification guidance, policies and procedures, and carrying out quality assurance of teacher training qualifications. She has been teaching in further education colleges since 1983. Ann holds a Masters in Educational Management, a PGCE, a Degree in Education, and a Medal of Excellence for teaching. Ann is a Fellow of the Institute for Learning and holds QTLS status. Ann is the author of: * Achieving your Assessor and Quality Assurance Units * Delivering Employability Skills in the Lifelong Learning Sector * Passing Assessments for the Award in Education and Training * Passing PTLLS Assessments * Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector * Principles and Practices of Assessment* The Award in Education and Training * What is Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector? Ann is co-author of: * Equality and Diversity in the Lifelong Learning Sector * Passing CTLLS Assessments * Passing the Award in Education and Training * Planning and Enabling Learning in the Lifelong Learning Sector. * The Certificate in Education and Training * Passing the Certificate Education and Training Ann has edited: * Study Skills for PTLLS. The author welcomes any comments from readers; please contact her via her website. www.anngravells.co.uk Susan Simpson is a lecturer in teacher training at North East Lincolnshire Council Adult Community Learning Service in Grimsby. She has 25 years' experience of teaching in compulsory and post-16 education. Susan is a curriculum manager for education and training, ICT and Business Administration and Law. She developed, managed and taught adult education programmes in Botswana for 10 years. Susan has also presented at regional level for teacher training and nationally for ICT Skills for Life.
- Author(s)Ann Gravells,Susan Simpson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight567 g
- Width175 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.