All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive therapy is fast becoming one of the more popular and well- respected forms of psychotherapy. In both research and clinical practice, several advantages of cognitive therapy have been identified. Cognitive therapy is structured eugh to provide a therapeutic framework for clinicians, as well as a theoretical framework for clinical researchers, yet flexible eugh to address an individual's problems in a highly idio- syncratic manner. Accompanying the popularity of cognitive therapy is the expansion of its application beyond the areas in which it was initially developed and validated (the traditional areas of depression and anx- iety) to areas where validation has t yet occurred (the ntraditional areas). We strongly believe that such broadening of cognitive therapy should be encouraged, but that conceptual models to guide the therapist and researcher in these areas should be explicated. It is the purpose of this text to provide a conceptual framework for dealing with select, ntraditional populations. The idea and motivation for this text develops from a cognitive therapy interest group in Toronto. All of the authors contributing to this text are involved in this group. We represent a group of cognitive thera- pists functioning in a variety of diverse settings, including clinical re- search units, general hospital settings, private or public rehabilitation centers, and private practices. Thus, the diversity of referrals for cogni- tive therapy within our group is great.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1030 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJanice L. Howes,Philip C. Miller,T. Michael Vallis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.