All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study shows that the problems of national development in Southern Africa (that part of Africa south of the Equator) are caused primarily by the absence of educational invation. The steady decline of the ecomy, political conflict, and social disintegration are intimately related to the lack of invation in education. The book begins by discussing the problems of contemporary Southern Africa as a legacy of the policies defined and pursued by the colonial governments. The unwillingness of the colonial governments to operate by democratic principles influenced their replacements, African leaders, who found it politically expedient to perpetuate this practice. This created the ermous problems that Southern Africa w faces. Educational invation would help to resolve these problems.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dickson A. Mungazi is Professor of Educational Foundations and History of Southern Africa at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. His life and education were greatly influenced by his parents and grandfather, a Methodist lay preacher who considered it a family obligation for his children and grandchildren to go to school and receive good grades. After receiving his B.A. from Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa, in 1964, Dr. Mungazi returned to Zimbabwe to teach social studies at Hartzell Secondary School outside Mutare. He then studied for the University of London Certificate in Education through the University College of Rhodesia and Nyasaland from 1966 to 1968. Dr. Mungazi returned to the U.S.A. to continue his education, receiving his M.A. in 1975 and his Ph.D. in 1977 from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He is the author of several books and numerous articles on the problems of development in Africa. He and his wife, Della, have three children, Marcia, Alan, and Gaylord.
- Author(s)Dickson A Mungazi,Dickson A. Mungazi
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1992
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 14: Education
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight320 g
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.