All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRelevance Theory provides an original theoretical framework to capture the complex nature and intricacies of the processes underlying ostensive communication. The model has been in constant development for the last 30 years, and this study attempts to contribute to it by challenging free enrichment as an important explicature-generation procedure. The mechanisms underlying the recovery of explicitly and implicitly communicated meanings are explored in this book. They show that by approaching communication as a creative process, Relevance Theory offers a coherent explanation t only of communication in which what is conveyed is relatively straightforward and easy to identify, but also of cases in which what is communicated is partly precise and partly vague.
- Author BiographyMaria Jodlowiec is a Senior Lecturer at the Institute of English Studies at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow. She teaches courses in applied linguistics and TEFL. Her research interests concentrate on linguistic pragmatics and, in particular, on utterance comprehension mechanisms as analysed in the relevance-theoretic model.
- Author(s)Maria Jodlowiec
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication17/04/2015
- Series TitleText - Meaning - Context: Cracow Studies in English Language, Literature and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight350 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.