About this product
- DescriptionIn the mid nineteenth century a process began that appears, from a present-day perspective, to have been the first wave of ecomic globalization. Within a few decades global ecomic integration reached a level that equaled, and in some respects surpassed, that of the present day. This book describes the interpenetration of the German ecomy with an emerging global ecomy before the First World War, while also demonstrating the huge challenge posed by globalization to the society and politics of the German Empire. The stakes for both the winners and losers of the intensifying world market played a major role in dividing German society into camps with conflicting socio-ecomic priorities. As foreign trade policy moved into the center stage of political debates, the German government found it increasingly difficult to pursue a successful policy that avoided harming German exports and consumer interests while also seeking to placate a growing protectionist movement.
- Author BiographyCornelius Torp is Lecturer in the Department of History at the Martin Luther University of Halle (Germany). He is the editor of Imperial Germany Revisited: Continuing Debates and New Perspectives (with Sven Oliver Muller, 2011) and the author of Max Weber und die preussischen Junker (1998).
- Author(s)Cornelius Torp
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note8 illus., 19 tables
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.