Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the same format as The Chambered Cairns of Orkney and The Chambered Cairns of Caithness , this third volume in the survey of Scotland's chambered cairns focuses on Sutherland, an area in the remote North West of Britain. The authors list the localities and references for each cairn and provide a full description of the existing structures and their contents, with a sumary account of the results of excavation where necessary. Interpretation and the archaeological significance of the monuments are described in full. This work is intended for students of archaeology at all levels and residents of and visitors to Sutherland.
- Author BiographyAudrey Henshall has studied chambered cairns and their contents throughout her professional life with the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland and the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. Her early volumes in 1963 and 1972 on the Chambered Tombs of Scotland formed the foundation for four new volumes on the monuments of the northern counties, of which this is the last. The Chambered Cairns of Sutherland, also with Graham Ritchie, was published in 1995. She is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London and an Honorary Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland.
- Author(s)Audrey S. Henshall,J. N. G. Ritchie
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication24/11/1995
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width208 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.