Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThirteen-year-old Tom Curdie, the product of a Glasgow slum, is on probation for theft. His teachers admit that he is clever, but only one, Charles Forbes, sees an uncanny warmth in his reticence and in his seemingly insolent smile. So he decides to take Tom on holiday with his own family ...This powerful vel explores one of Jenkins's consistent and most fruitful themes - how goodness and incence is compromised when faced with the pressures of growing up and becoming part of society.
- Author BiographyRobin Jenkins wrote a number of landmark novels including The Cone-Gatherers, Happy for the Child, The Thistle and the Grail and Guests of War. One of Scotland's greatest writers, the themes of good and evil, of innocence lost, of fraudulence, cruelty and redemption shine through his work. His novels, filled with ambiguity, are rarely about what they seem. He published his first book, So Gaily Sings the Lark, at the age of thirty-eight, and by the time of his death in 2005, over thirty of his novels were in print.
- Author(s)Robin Jenkins
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight176 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.